Happy Holiday Season everyone!!!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Man that arrived quickly! That just means that Christmas is RIGHT around the corner! Whoo where does the time go?!
Yes, this is an important time to be thankful for what we have during this holiday season. At the same time, we should be thankful ALL YEAR LONG! These two scriptures came to mind.
Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever. — 2 Chronicles 20:21
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. — Psalms 26:7
Thanksgiving is a reminder to all of us that we should be thankful for not only the big things, but also the little things. We should always give thanks for the ups, downs, ins, and outs of our lives!! Me personally, 2011 has been an up and down year. Between work, personal issues, and school, it brought me smiles, laughs, tears, sadness, and a lot of other feelings!! But my grandmother, mother, and other men and women in my life taught me humility and to always be thankful. There is someone out there who has it worse than I do. We, my friends, need to remind ourselves to be humble and thankful for all of our blessings day in and day out!! Just because we’re having a bad day doesn’t mean that someone else is having a worse day. Live life today because tomorrow is never promised! That’s why today is a present…it’s a gift from God!!
I am thankful for…
- Being able to see today: Not everyone who went to bed woke up this morning!
- Having a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my fridge: The basics don’t come easy for some!!
- Having a little money in my account to get what I need (sometimes want LOL): God provides us with what we need!
- A job: Enough said!
- A humble spirit
- A sense of humor: I absolutely love putting smile on people’s faces
- Being opinionated: Sometimes, people need to be told about themselves, lol.
- Being open-minded: Stepping out of my comfort zone is one of the best teachers of my lifetime!
- Being unique!: I have a Bachelor’s Degree, almost a Master’s degree, working, while staying single with no kids!! YES I am thankful FOR THAT! #PraiseGod
- Ratchets and Idiots: Why? Because certain individuals show me what I don’t need to do or how to act toward other people!! And also they put a smile on my face because I know I am better than that!!
- My journey: It has been up and down…I didn’t get everything that I wanted…I’ve gained, I’ve lost…but what I do know is that God doesn’t put more on me than I can bear. Also, I am thankful I can share experiences to others to help support them any way, shape, or form.
- YOU!: My family, friends, Sorors, Frat Brothers, even HATERS!!! Everyone who I’ve come in contact with in my life have taught me something about not only about myself but also life in general.
There are so many other things, but that’s what I can think of right now. Time for you to reflect…what are you thankful for? Holla!